by: anonymous_user - 17th January 2008

We spent a few days over Christmas in the mountains at Apex. Our four day stay was excellent -- we managed to keep the kids entertained and that meant everyone was happy!! Of course there were some issues with the chairlift stopping but we’ve had that elsewhere as well. We skied for three of the days on the vast variety of terrain that Apex has. My husband and daughter did laps of the Quad Chair while my son and I cruised over at the Stocks Chair. A quick coffee and lunch at the coffee shop or cafeteria re-energized us for the afternoons. When the kids had energy left in the evenings (as they always do!) there were ways to direct it -- hitting the Tbar for some night skiing, tubing at the Tube Park, playing a bit of pickup hockey or skating around the loop trying to out lap each other. The staff was always friendly and helpful, there was terrain for all the family members, and everything was so close in the village that we could send the kids off to the arcade with some change in hand and not be worried!! We enjoyed our stay at Apex and are looking to head there again next year, and bring some friends along this time too.