by: anonymous_user - 28th December 2006

I've been skiing at Sunrise for the better part of 20 years. I think the 88-89 season was my first time at the mountain. While not a lot has changed since then, there have been some significant improvements. The high-speed quad servicing the Sunrise mountain is the best thing to ever happen to the resort. An expert skier can now get his or her fix and quit not because of lift lines but because of exhaustion. The Sunrise mountain has the best expert runs in my opinion. The Apache and Cyclone mountains have a few black and double black trails, but they are very short. Plus the lifts on that side of the resort are slow and the terrain gets flat in many areas. Stick to the high-speed quad and the Rustler Quad to ski the best moguls on the top half of Sunrise mountain. When the snow is good I've had almost as much fun skiing Sunrise as I have skiing premier Utah and Colorado mountains. Definitely fulfills the need to ski for this Phoenix desert cat. And this season we have El Nino which is always good for Arizona skiing! But do avoid going to Sunrise on holiday weekends as it gets overcrowded with families, posers, and knuckle draggers. Go on a weekday and you probably won't wait in line once all day!