by: Marko Boyko - 15th December 2013

Killer Vertical Runs
Slow Lifts

I've been going to Snow Bowl for years and I had to post something when I read the terrible INCORRECT BS someone posted about them using "sewer snow" and making that snow in the kids area, what a bunch of crap. Snow Bowl is great, and hands down the best resort in AZ. I used to buy the cheaper annual pass every year, but now I'm a little too busy to try to get my money out of it and don't like going up on the weekends because of the out of towners. I love the vertical runs that they have and hiking the bowl is the coolest thing you can do there. The one bad thing is that it takes FOREVER to get up the runs. Those chair lifts take like 30 minutes to go up, and you get cold waiting, then you're down in what feels like a 5 minute run. I try to break up the fast runs by going through the forest, which is another fun little to-do. The snowmaking is great. It's ABSURD that some people are so opposed to the snow making that they will post slanderous and untrue "facts" about the "yellow" snow. This bugs me to no end. GO SNOWBOWL!!! MAKE MORE RUNS, AND REPLACE THE SLOW LIFTS AND YOU WILL SEE SUCCESS LIKE NEVER BEFORE.