Courmayeur

by: Mica Dog - Feb 25, 2014

Pros: lots of fun on really steep slopes

Cons: crowded slopes and rubbish food

We visited Courmayeur today (we are based in Cervinia for two weeks and have an Aosta Valley ski pass) in anticipation of crowd free slopes and great food as suggested from the reviews we had read. The slopes were great fun and steep which we and the 3 kids loved but we were massively disappointed by the crowds on the slopes. I was buzzed repeatedly by fast skiers and snowboarders as was my 6 year old. I wasn't impressed with their lack of forethought. We were also looking forward to the food in the slope side restaurants. Again we were disappointed. The portions were served in plastic dishes with plastic cutlery which broke while I was eating. My mushrooms and tagliatelle was horribly slimy and overly salty. I felt like I was eating rubber strands with slimy slugs thrown in...so much for the great food. Luckily my 6 year old and I decided to finish off our day with a hot chocolate from the Christiania restaurant and it was delicious...a real hot chocolate that you can stand your spoon up in! Thank goodness for the steep slopes and the real hot chocolate to brighten up our day!