For people who want to ride and not party.

by: SnowWitchElemental - Mar 31, 2010

Pros: Great runs, variety, no line ups, fantastic views, most friendly people, great food, laid-back atmosphere,

Cons: T-bar to the top, rocks exposed, not enough snow, no night riding

Recommended For: Singles, Empty Nesters

Date Visited: Jan 1, 2010

I spent 6 weeks at Lake Louise this winter(2009-2010). Three weeks in Nov/Dec and 3 weeks in Jan/Feb. I was glad that the kiddies were not in my way like at some other resorts. The resort is so huuuuge that it seems like there are no people at all, which is very good.
What I especially liked was the resort's guides. They stand on the top under the map.
They wear the Lake Louise Ski Area jackets (that's how you can tell who they are). And if you need a guided tour of the mountain, they take you for a ride, and it is free. I availed of this opportunity to explore the Larch area. The guides are not only knowledgable, they are also entertaining, and they tell you lots of personal stories from the mountains. It is a blast to ride with a guide.
The only thing that I didn't like about Lake Louise was the short skiing/riding time. The lifts closed at 4 pm even though the day light lasted till 5 or 6 pm. I find it too short business hours for the money. I also wish they get rid of the rediculous T-bar to the top. This resort can use some serious upgrading of the lifts. It would be great to have one continuous lift or gondola to the highest peak. Not a T-bar.